ADO ODBC vs DBExpress ODBC

Hello,
    I need to create a new database application that connects to a Sybase
SQL Anywhere 6 database.
I have to use ODBC to reach the database (because the DB server may change)
but I was wondering which one, between  ADO and DBExpress would give me more
performance when accessing a database via ODBC...

Anyone has made the comparison?

Thank you
Stefano

Re:ADO ODBC vs DBExpress ODBC

ADO is for fetches slower than BDE, via ODBC you have an additional
abstraction layer, so I'd say that DBExpress odbc should be a lot faster
(though I never tested it).
Also, you might try alternatives like sql-direct, works with most sql
servers (native or ODBC), is lean and fast.

--
Robert Cerny

"Stefano Falda" <stefano.falda.nos...@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message

> Hello,
>     I need to create a new database application that connects to a Sybase
> SQL Anywhere 6 database.
> I have to use ODBC to reach the database (because the DB server may
change)
> but I was wondering which one, between  ADO and DBExpress would give me
more
> performance when accessing a database via ODBC...

> Anyone has made the comparison?

> Thank you
> Stefano

Other Threads