"Invalid Field Type" - MSSQLServer 7

    Hi,

    Im using Delphi 4 and MSSQL Server 7 and I have a table that has
a column with GUID type (UniqueIdentifier). When I use TTable component
and call the open method I got the follow error: "Invalid Field Type".
Whats wrong ? How can I proceed ?

Norberto Hideaki Enomoto

Re:"Invalid Field Type" - MSSQLServer 7

Norberto,

   The BDE does not support the new datatypes in MSSQL 7.0.  If you really
need to use those field types, then you must use ADO or the updated ODBC
drivers.

Good luck,
krf

BTW,
   Never, ever use TTables when using a SQL database.  They cause a lot more
problems than they solve

Norberto Hideaki Enomoto wrote in message

<89ejnv$h...@bornews.borland.com>...
>    Hi,

>    Im using Delphi 4 and MSSQL Server 7 and I have a table that has
>a column with GUID type (UniqueIdentifier). When I use TTable component
>and call the open method I got the follow error: "Invalid Field Type".
>Whats wrong ? How can I proceed ?

>Norberto Hideaki Enomoto

Other Threads