"Deadlock" problem with Access

Hello World, thanks for stopping by :-)

I was wondering if someone had any ideas about this one. We have three
applications, two standalone programs that uses MS Access databases. The
last application is a "server" that needs access (no pun intended :) to
these databases. With program "1" everything works fine, no problems at all.
However, if we start either the server, and then program "2", or program "2"
and then the server on the same computer then the program that was started
last locks. Tracing reveals that the problem occurs when we set the
connected property of the TDatabase component to true, but as for a cause,
well, nothing so far.

Some specs:
Access 97, BDE 5, IDDA3532.DLL, Delphi 4, NT 4 Server/Workstation

Thanks in advance

/Henrik

Re:"Deadlock" problem with Access

Before opening the database set Session.PrivateDir to different directories
in the two programs, e.g.:

Session.PrivateDir := ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName);

"Henrik Bergstr?m" <no.address.gi...@nowhere.net> schreef in bericht

> Hello World, thanks for stopping by :-)

> I was wondering if someone had any ideas about this one. We have three
> applications, two standalone programs that uses MS Access databases. The
> last application is a "server" that needs access (no pun intended :) to
> these databases. With program "1" everything works fine, no problems at
all.
> However, if we start either the server, and then program "2", or program
"2"
> and then the server on the same computer then the program that was started
> last locks. Tracing reveals that the problem occurs when we set the
> connected property of the TDatabase component to true, but as for a cause,
> well, nothing so far.

> Some specs:
> Access 97, BDE 5, IDDA3532.DLL, Delphi 4, NT 4 Server/Workstation

> Thanks in advance

> /Henrik

Other Threads