How to do Transaction Log

I'm now doing the transaction log to keep track the changes of the record
and as well as the field that the user has changed. I would like to know how
to achieve this? Is it can be achieve by writing the store procedure and
how? If possible, is there any source code that I can refer? I would very
much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Re:How to do Transaction Log

Lim wrote in message <3bdfc855_2@dnews>...
>I'm now doing the transaction log to keep track the changes of the record
>and as well as the field that the user has changed. I would like to know
how
>to achieve this? Is it can be achieve by writing the store procedure and
>how? If possible, is there any source code that I can refer? I would very
>much appreciate your help. Thank you.

I'm using Delphi 5 and Interbase 6.0. And I would very much prefer the
server side solution. Thank you.

Re:How to do Transaction Log

Add after update, after insert and after delete triggers to the table. In
the triggers use an INSERT statement to insert a new record into your log
table.

--
Bill

Re:How to do Transaction Log

Check out IBLogManager at www.iblogmanager.com; it does exactly what you're
looking for, has an easy-to-use interface, and is very cheap.

Michael

Lim wrote:
> I'm now doing the transaction log to keep track the changes of the record
> and as well as the field that the user has changed. I would like to know how
> to achieve this? Is it can be achieve by writing the store procedure and
> how? If possible, is there any source code that I can refer? I would very
> much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Other Threads