dos.h doesn't work in bc 5

Hi.

All functions I tried to use from dos.h in bc 5.0 didn't work?
Why? Is it disabled in this version?

Regards,

Rodrigo

Re:dos.h doesn't work in bc 5

<m...@e.mail> wrote in message

> Hi.

> All functions I tried to use from dos.h in bc 5.0 didn't work?
> Why? Is it disabled in this version?

If you are creating 32-bit console or GUI application, then
you cannot use the functions in dos.h

To use these function, change the Target Expert settings for
16-bit application and then rebuild.

----
Jogy
http://www.jogy.net/
j...@sirma.bg

Re:dos.h doesn't work in bc 5

> All functions I tried to use from dos.h in bc 5.0 didn't work?

You did not specify what the target type of the program was.  What is or is
not available varies across the DOS, 16 bit Win3.x and 32 bit Win32 target
types.

For each item from DOS.H that you are trying to use, pace the cursor on the
item name and press Control-F1 to bring up the online help.  In that help
click on Portability to see if that function is available under the platform
you are trying to use it under.

.  Ed

Re:dos.h doesn't work in bc 5

Can i specify the target type to 16-bit console in BC++ 3.0? I remember
when i created a new application, it only provided selections between
console or window application. Where can i set the 16-bit console?

Thanks a lot.

Jogy wrote:
> <m...@e.mail> wrote in message
> > Hi.

> > All functions I tried to use from dos.h in bc 5.0 didn't work?
> > Why? Is it disabled in this version?

> If you are creating 32-bit console or GUI application, then
> you cannot use the functions in dos.h

> To use these function, change the Target Expert settings for
> 16-bit application and then rebuild.

> ----
> Jogy
> http://www.jogy.net/
> j...@sirma.bg

Re:dos.h doesn't work in bc 5

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:44:23 -0500, Jeffrey Wang <jw...@opencon.com> wrote:
>Can i specify the target type to 16-bit console in BC++ 3.0? I remember
>when i created a new application, it only provided selections between
>console or window application. Where can i set the 16-bit console?

Which compiler *exactly* are you using? You say in the Subject "BC 5"
and now you refer to BC++ 3.0 - which is it? I seriously doubt that BC++ 3.0
gives the options for "console or window", as it could not create Win32
apps which is the only platform for which you can create "console" targets.
16-bit DOS programs aren't normally referred to as "console" programs.

Are you sure you're not using one of the C++ Builder compilers? They can
only create Win32 apps. If using BC++ 5.0x, change the Target Platform using
the Target Expert. If using Borland C++ Builder (3 or 5), you can't use the
functions you're trying to use. Also, post Builder questions in one of the
.cppbuilder. newsgroups, not here.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,