Oracle Workgroup Server and Delphi 2.0 C/S

Hi !

Could somebody explain, how can I connect to Oracle Workgroup server.

It is installed on remote server under Windows NT Server. All server
available
(as network disks, ...)
What I should add/change in BDE configuration, to acsess Oracle.

Please help. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Vlad.

Re:Oracle Workgroup Server and Delphi 2.0 C/S

First, check your Oracle Sqlnet settings. Use SqlPlus to connect to your
database.
Make sure you have defined a valid Oracle TNS-alias. Also make sure that
your PATH
points to the Oracle home directory, usually C:\ORAWIN95\BIN

If this works OK, start BDE configuration & look at Oracle driver setting:
Vendor intialization DLL should be set to 'ORAWIN72', provided that you
have the 7.2 clients installed. Check what DLLs reside in the Oracle Home
directory.

Create a BDE alias using the Oracle driver. Set the 'Server' parameter to a
valid TNS-alias. Under noramel circumstances this should get you going.

> Could somebody explain, how can I connect to Oracle Workgroup server.
> It is installed on remote server under Windows NT Server. All server
> available
> (as network disks, ...)
> What I should add/change in BDE configuration, to acsess Oracle.

Other Threads