Delphi 1 compiles DOS programs?

Sven Maennicke wrote:

> Does anyone found a way to compile DOS programs with Delphi1 command
> line compiler DCC.EXE?
> There is an undocumented switch /cd, the same like in BPC.EXE, which
> will generate DOS executables.
> But unhappily, DCC.EXE wants to read a file called SYSTEM.TPU, and if
> you want to compile a unit "SYSTEM", another strange error message
> occurs, I believe "can't read SYSTEM.ADS".
> Delphi1 is in Germany a cost-effective pascal compiler, but sometimes
> a DOS program, running under pure DOS is more apprepriate for some
> problems than the Windows environment.
> mac & henni

D1 is based on the BP7 compiler such that, if you have the library units
which shipped with BP7 you can use that compiler to produce a DOS
executable.  But those units are not furnished with D1.

Re:Delphi 1 compiles DOS programs?

Look http://www.tietovayla.fi/BORLAND/DELPHI/files/delphdos.zip

--
Juha Piispa                             |       TIETOV?YL?
(09) 681 06 108                         |       Veneentekij?ntie 2

Sven Maennicke wrote:

> Does anyone found a way to compile DOS programs with Delphi1 command
> line compiler DCC.EXE?

Check DELPHDOS.ZIP from D Super Page. I have not tested.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads