Hardware Access under Windows 98

I have developed some Delphi Apps which access data acquisition and IEEE
interface cards directly, and execute okay under Win 3.11 and Win 95. I
know that under Win NT they will not run because direct hardware access
is denied - I will have to redesign my apps to use drivers.

My question is: does anyone know whether Win 98 allows direct hardware
access?
--
Steve Turner
Leeds, England

Re:Hardware Access under Windows 98

Steve Turner wrote:

> I have developed some Delphi Apps which access data acquisition and IEEE
> interface cards directly, and execute okay under Win 3.11 and Win 95. I
> know that under Win NT they will not run because direct hardware access
> is denied - I will have to redesign my apps to use drivers.

> My question is: does anyone know whether Win 98 allows direct hardware
> access?
> --
> Steve Turner, Leeds, England

Rumors say that Win98 is as poorly "protected" as Win95 was, but this
seems not to be the main reason for its famous instability.

For solutions, that also are suitable for WinNT, look in the "windows"
chapter in the TP-links, eg. TinyPort etc.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html

Franz Glaser, Vorderweissenbach, Austria

Re:Hardware Access under Windows 98

In article <36684CCC.3DE1F...@eunet.at>, Ing. Franz Glaser <meg-
gla...@eunet.at> writes

>For solutions, that also are suitable for WinNT, look in the "windows"
>chapter in the TP-links, eg. TinyPort etc.

>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html

>Franz Glaser, Vorderweissenbach, Austria

There's a lot of info here! It will take me a while to sift through it
all.

Thanks for your help, Franz.
--
Steve Turner