Open a Control Panel Application

I use  winexec('Aplication_Name.CPL',SW_SHOWNORMAL') but  it doesnt
run.

Please reply as soon as possible, thanks to all

Visual Public
-------------

Re:Open a Control Panel Application

Use  RUNDLL32.EXE as an application with the arguments
"Shell32.DLL,Control_RunDLL Aplication_Name.CPL'"

Dmitry

Visual Public wrote in message <35AB1E30.9720B...@jet.es>...
>I use  winexec('Aplication_Name.CPL',SW_SHOWNORMAL') but  it doesnt
>run.

>Please reply as soon as possible, thanks to all

>Visual Public
>-------------

Re:Open a Control Panel Application

No it won't. This is because a CPL is like a DLL, & you cant
winexec a DLL !!!
You need to know the name of a function within the CPL to call
the same way as you call DLL functions (look up EXTERNAL in help).
If you wrote the CPL then you know the function names, if you are
using someone else's CPL then you will need to find out the names,
there are several utilities that show function names exported from
a DLL, but I haven't tried them on a CPL. Also it will only tell
you the names & not the parameters that the function expects. Best
bet is to contact the CPL author.

--
------------------------------------
Dave Derrick

Re:Open a Control Panel Application

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:00:32 +0200, Visual Public <pub...@jet.es>
wrote:

Starting a Control Panel Application

The user or an application can open Control Panel by using a
command-line argument that specifies the name of the application to
start. When the Control Panel application closes, Control Panel
automatically closes.

An application can send a WM_CPL_LAUNCH message to Control Panel while
Control Panel is running. When the Control Panel application closes,
Control Panel sends back a WM_CPL_LAUNCHED confirmation message.

The following example shows how an application can start Control Panel
and the Printers application from the command line by using the
WinExec function:

WinExec("control.exe printers", SW_SHOWNORMAL)

When Control Panel starts, it immediately displays the Printers
application. After the Printers application finishes, Control Panel
ends.

There is lot's of more information in Delphi's Api -winhelp under
topic "Control Panel Applications"

Mechaul Oy - Ohjelmistotuotteet
Janne Timmerbacka
Easy Contact - tuotep??llikk?