Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

HI,

this should do it:

function RegisterServiceProcess (dwProcessID, dwType: DWord) : DWord;
stdcall; external 'KERNEL32.DLL';

RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1); On
RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,0); Off (or the other way round)

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

I tried this...  And it doesn't seem to work...  Maybe I'm doing something
wrong...

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

> I tried this...  And it doesn't seem to work...  Maybe I'm doing something
> wrong...

It doesn't work on WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP. It works only on Win9X/ME OSs.
Bye,
   Luca

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

Yeah, I forgot about that. There are many ways to do this in win9x. but I'm
afraid I can't find anything for NT, 2000, XP. Sorry.

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

To hide it from the task manger, simply: your application.title:=''; this
works on ME, 98, 95 but not tested on NT.

Cheers,
Nick

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

In article <iE0Z8.2918$Zl6.141...@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, "Sebastian"

<s_wyb...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1); On
>RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,0); Off (or the other way round)

Or (according to MSDN) for the current process ...

RegisterServiceProcess(0, 1);

... and ...

RegisterServiceProcess(0, 0);

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:Hide my app from the windows nt Task Manager

Why not simply set this up to run as a service in NT.

Caroline Clark wrote in message

<5B%Y8.138$7p1.6...@news1.telusplanet.net>...

>I have a program that needs to run all the time, uploading data, getting
>updates and such...  One of the users keeps shutting it down.  I have
asked
>him not to do this as the update end up getting downloaded from the server
>in a group and then my program crashed, but he pays not attention.

>I tried to make it so it couldn't be closed and he went into the Task
>Manager and closed it.

>What I want to do, is make it so if he clicks the close button the
software
>goes into stealth and hide from the Task Manager.  Is the a way to do

this?

If it must run all the time, it should be a service in the first place.
But this doesn't make the process invisible in the Task Manager. It
seems to be possible to hide processes even from there; Google should
know.

Anyway, that's not the right approach. The first thing to do is to slam
down on the user in question. It sounds like a business situation; send
in his boss with a big wooden club.

If that fails, read
http://www.tuxedo.org/jargon/html/The-Meaning-of-Hack.html
(third anecdote) for inspiration.