Post and new sessions

Whenever I post to the server, using http component, a new session is
created on the server. Even when I use tcp component and posting few times
without disconnecting. How can I maintain the connection and not add new
sessions every time I post.
Thanks,
Joe.

Re:Post and new sessions

off...@esek.net (Joe) wrote in <3a40d9cc_2@dnews>:

>Whenever I post to the server, using http component, a new session is
>created on the server. Even when I use tcp component and posting few times
>without disconnecting. How can I maintain the connection and not add new
>sessions every time I post.

Which HTTP component? Which TCP component? Which server?

You've left too many things to guess for anyone to be able to answer your
question.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Re:Post and new sessions

Different http components, different servers. Therefore it is probably the
way I handle it and not a certain way the component function, and hence my
general question. Anyway, Chad, I would prefer your Indy http and use win2k.

Joe.

"Kudzu - Team Indy" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in message

> off...@esek.net (Joe) wrote in <3a40d9cc_2@dnews>:
> >Whenever I post to the server, using http component, a new session is
> >created on the server. Even when I use tcp component and posting few
times
> >without disconnecting. How can I maintain the connection and not add new
> >sessions every time I post.

> Which HTTP component? Which TCP component? Which server?

> You've left too many things to guess for anyone to be able to answer your
> question.

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
>       "Programming is an art form that fights back"
> Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.
> http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/ - Free Delphi/CBuilder components and articles

Re:Post and new sessions

The different sessions are handled via Cookies. So you have to add cookie
support in your program in order to track sessions properly.

Doychin
doic...@5group.com

"Joe" <off...@esek.net> wrote in message news:3a45dd00_2@dnews...
> Different http components, different servers. Therefore it is probably the
> way I handle it and not a certain way the component function, and hence my
> general question. Anyway, Chad, I would prefer your Indy http and use
win2k.

> Joe.

> "Kudzu - Team Indy" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in message
> > off...@esek.net (Joe) wrote in <3a40d9cc_2@dnews>:
> > >Whenever I post to the server, using http component, a new session is
> > >created on the server. Even when I use tcp component and posting few
> times
> > >without disconnecting. How can I maintain the connection and not add
new
> > >sessions every time I post.

> > Which HTTP component? Which TCP component? Which server?

> > You've left too many things to guess for anyone to be able to answer
your
> > question.

> > --
> > Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
> >       "Programming is an art form that fights back"
> > Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.
> > http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/ - Free Delphi/CBuilder components and articles

Other Threads