transfering data between two databases -> Sybase SQL

Hello,

we have an application under Borland Delphi 4.0 using Sybase SQL Anywhere
7.0 Tables.

There we have two databases under sybase (Database1 and Database2). How can
we insert records from a table in Database2 into a table in Database1 per
SQL?

Making a connection to Database1 and the following SQL

INSERT INTO "DATABASE1"."DBA"."TABLE1"

SELECT * FROM "DATABASE2"."DBA"."TABLE1"

does not work. We cannot open a second connection with our application.

Any idea how to help us?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Marco

Re:transfering data between two databases -> Sybase SQL

> we have an application under Borland Delphi 4.0 using Sybase SQL Anywhere
> 7.0 Tables.

> There we have two databases under sybase (Database1 and Database2). How
can
> we insert records from a table in Database2 into a table in Database1 per
> SQL?

> Making a connection to Database1 and the following SQL

> INSERT INTO "DATABASE1"."DBA"."TABLE1"

> SELECT * FROM "DATABASE2"."DBA"."TABLE1"

> does not work. We cannot open a second connection with our application.

You can use our ASADAC components to make this - trial version has no limits
while you're working with local server (only nag-screen).
Just place two separate TASADatabase components at the form.

P.S. You can count this as legal offer.

--
Best regards
Maxim Peresada

Re:transfering data between two databases -> Sybase SQL

Oops, forgot the URL: http://www.microolap.com/asadac.htm

In several days we will release new version, but, I hope, you ahve no heavy
graphic in you database. If so - just contact me - we'll try to help.

--
Best regards
Maxim Peresada
"Torry's Delphi Pages"                   http://www.torry.net/
Microolap Technologies LLC               http://www.microolap.com
mperes...@glasnet.ru, mperes...@microolap.com
ICQ Pager: 4711092

Re:transfering data between two databases -> Sybase SQL

> There we have two databases under sybase (Database1 and Database2). How
can
> we insert records from a table in Database2 into a table in Database1 per
> SQL?

We have tried several options lately, including the
BDE, and found that the replacemnet components "nativeDB"
(http://www.nativedb.com) are an excellent choice when
doing such DB transfers.

-Kind regards
Chris