Richedit not working under NT

I am trying to run some apps compiled under win95 (using both D3 and
D5) on a new computer that has NT4 (SP6). On startup, I get:

"Error reading RichEdit1.Lines.Strings Win32 error Code:1400"

Apps that don't use TRichedit run fine, so presumably the error is in
the richedit dll. The strange thing is that they run alright on
another NT4 machine (with the same service pack 6).

Can anyone offer any tips?

Re:Richedit not working under NT

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:55:34 GMT, phys...@mailcity.com (Marcus) wrote:
>I am trying to run some apps compiled under win95 (using both D3 and
>D5) on a new computer that has NT4 (SP6). On startup, I get:

>"Error reading RichEdit1.Lines.Strings Win32 error Code:1400"

>Apps that don't use TRichedit run fine, so presumably the error is in
>the richedit dll. The strange thing is that they run alright on
>another NT4 machine (with the same service pack 6).

>Can anyone offer any tips?

Sorry, I found out the answer to my own question:

The other NT4 machine was running service pack 5. Copying the richedit
dll's from there to the new machine eliminated the problem.

Other Threads