EditMask

Hello, i have a problem using the control because help says that the >
character is used to force the entry to uppercase, but the result i have
is the text in reverse mode.
Thanks

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
gecas...@latino.net.co

Re:EditMask

Hi Guillermo,

Try the mask: '>cccc' to force a user to type uppercase.  It will
effect only those four characters)  If that is all you are trying to
do, use the CharCase property.

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

>Hello, i have a problem using the control because help says that the >
>character is used to force the entry to uppercase, but the result i have
>is the text in reverse mode.
>Thanks

Re:EditMask

First, Thanks for your help, but how can i handle long fields?
No, it's not all i'm trying to do. The problem is that i want to have the
Tfields components typed on uppercase using some property of the Tfield
itself, not the Charcase of the edit controls. Thanks

--

In article <378C1610.43C21...@latino.net.co>, Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
wrote:

> The problem is that i want to have the
> Tfields components typed on uppercase using some property of the Tfield
> itself, not the Charcase of the edit controls.

How is the user inputting the data?

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Re:EditMask

The user uses DbEdits controls and DbGrids. What i want is to have the
uppercase as a property of the field, and can use it in the grid or the
dbedits without using the CharCase.
Thanks

In article <378C91E3.B5D77...@latino.net.co>, Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
wrote:

> What i want is to have the
> uppercase as a property of the field, and can use it in the grid or the
> dbedits without using the CharCase.

One simple method is to attach the following event handler to all
appropriate TFields:

procedure TForm1.EditKeyPress(Sender: TObject; var Key: Char);
begin
  Key := UpCase(Key);
end;

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads