MDI child windows does not show in the Window menu

Hi,

I have a problem to get the MDI child windows to appear in the open windows
list in the windows menu.

I am using D4.02 and the main menu is displayed on a toolbar as seperate
toolbuttons. I have attached the window menu to the WindowMenu property of
the main form.

Shoulden't this work fine?

---------------------------
Jens Dein
IPOS as, Norway

For email resposes remove '.nospam'

Re:MDI child windows does not show in the Window menu

You must set the MDI parent form's WindowMenu property if you want Delphi to
do this for you automatically.

Re:MDI child windows does not show in the Window menu

> I have a problem to get the MDI child windows to appear in the open windows
> list in the windows menu.

> I am using D4.02 and the main menu is displayed on a toolbar as seperate
> toolbuttons. I have attached the window menu to the WindowMenu property of
> the main form.

> Shoulden't this work fine?

Jens,

no, the MDI interface (part of Windows) predates all this "menu on a toolbar"
nonsense, it looks for a genuine window menu to add the childs to and does
not find one in your scenario. So: no windows on the Windows menu <g>!

No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitely requested!

Re:MDI child windows does not show in the Window menu

Of course, you can do this manually by adding/removing menu items every time
you open or close a child window. A bit more painful than the old way, but
you won't have to rethink your menu structure.

Dave Lively

>no, the MDI interface (part of Windows) predates all this "menu on a
toolbar"
>nonsense, it looks for a genuine window menu to add the childs to and does
>not find one in your scenario. So: no windows on the Windows menu <g>!

Re:MDI child windows does not show in the Window menu

AnimatedMenus/98 can do it for you -- automatically.

And looks much better than one from Delphi.

Sincerely, Andrew

 Visit us today on the World Wide Web at:
   http://www.{*word*104}tropix.com/abcpp/
   http://members.xoom.com/abcpp/
   http://www.chat.ru/~abcpp/

David Lively wrote in message <74n3co$c...@forums.borland.com>...
>Of course, you can do this manually by adding/removing menu items every
time
>you open or close a child window. A bit more painful than the old way, but
>you won't have to rethink your menu structure.

>Dave Lively

>>no, the MDI interface (part of Windows) predates all this "menu on a
>toolbar"
>>nonsense, it looks for a genuine window menu to add the childs to and does
>>not find one in your scenario. So: no windows on the Windows menu <g>!

Other Threads