Win XP, 2000 and 95/98 networks

>1. Does the same rule apply, ie should the Win 2000 or the NT machine be the file server?

Yes

>It has also been noted that opportunistic locking should be turned off in NT.
>2. Does this also apply to Win XP and 2000 machines?

Yes.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microso...

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Win XP, 2000 and 95/98 networks

Thanks Bill
One more question...
Do ALL the XP/2000/NT machines on the network have to have opportunistic locking turned off, or just the one used as the file server?
Cheers
Bill C

Bill Todd <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote:
>>1. Does the same rule apply, ie should the Win 2000 or the NT machine be the file server?

>Yes

>>It has also been noted that opportunistic locking should be turned off in NT.
>>2. Does this also apply to Win XP and 2000 machines?

>Yes.

>>3. How do I turn off opportunistic locking?

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microso...

>--
>Bill (TeamB)
>(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Re:Win XP, 2000 and 95/98 networks

Sorry, Bill
It was TWO questions!
In the network of Win 2000, NT (SP4), XP and the other 95/98 computers, is there a preference as to which OS of the 2000, NT or XP should be used as the file server?
Cheers
Bill

Bill Todd <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote:
>>1. Does the same rule apply, ie should the Win 2000 or the NT machine be the file server?

>Yes

>>It has also been noted that opportunistic locking should be turned off in NT.
>>2. Does this also apply to Win XP and 2000 machines?

>Yes.

>>3. How do I turn off opportunistic locking?

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microso...

>--
>Bill (TeamB)
>(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Other Threads