Doesn't find database in a share directory

Hello

I have a program that is installed in some computers, in the unit C:\
All the computers go to find the database to the unit N:\ which is a shared
directory of a server.

The problem is that sometimes the program find the database, and opens it well,
but sometimes it can not find the database and it give me the error (A message I
have programed in a "Try except").

I have not configured the share directory, becouse I don't know how can I do it,
but I think the problem may be to configure the BDE so it waits some more time,
so the N:\ (in the network) is not as fast as the C:\ (in the hard drive).

Can anyone help me and say me what I have to program and/or configure to share a
database in a network?

Thanks

    Esteban

--
Esteban Olm
S.I.T.E.M., S.L.

Re:Doesn't find database in a share directory

>>Can anyone help me and say me what I have to program and/or configure to
share a
>>database in a network?

Not without knowing what database you are using.

--
Bill

Re:Doesn't find database in a share directory

I use Paradox 7 and Delphi 5

    Thanks

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com>
escribi en el mensaje news:3b4e0b6a$1_1@dnews...

--
Esteban Olm
S.I.T.E.M., S.L.
Consultoria Tcnica en Sistemas de Informacin
Geogrfica y Teledeteccin
Barcelona, Espa?a
http://www.sitem-consulting.com

Re:Doesn't find database in a share directory

To share Paradox tables on a network make sure the BDE on every computer is
configured as described in
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html. You should also
change your try/except to display the error message returned by Delphi and
include that in your next message.

--
Bill

Other Threads