D1 and D2 sharing same paradox db?

I've got two D1 apps that run on the same PC and share a common set of
paradox tables.  I am thinking of converting one of the apps to D2 and was
wondering if there are any issues that I will have to deal with by having a
D1 app and a D2 app share common paradox tables.

TIA
Scott

Re:D1 and D2 sharing same paradox db?

Scott Slater wrote:
> I've got two D1 apps that run on the same PC and share a common set of
> paradox tables.  I am thinking of converting one of the apps to D2 and was
> wondering if there are any issues that I will have to deal with by having a
> D1 app and a D2 app share common paradox tables.

They have different BDE versions (16 and 32 bit) but it won't be a
problem PROVIDED you do all the BDECFG settings correct for each,
especially NET DIR.

Grant Walker        Hobart, Tasmania         Ph: +613 62313083
Design Engineer     Australia                Fx: +613 62313086

Re:D1 and D2 sharing same paradox db?

Well the only thing is which level of Paradox table, by using the BDE 2,52
for win 3,1 and BDE 3,5 for win 95 they both can acces Paradox 7 else use
Paradox 5. There is only problems with older versions of BDE for win 3,1
that only could use Paradox 5. If the users should access the tables at the
same time there will be new things to take into account but I dont know
much about that.

BTW Paradox 7 have some extra features such as descending index.

Scott Slater <seven...@quiknet.com> skrev i inl?gg
<01bc240f$c86fa2c0$7bf0b...@merlin.quiknet.com>...

> I've got two D1 apps that run on the same PC and share a common set of
> paradox tables.  I am thinking of converting one of the apps to D2 and
was
> wondering if there are any issues that I will have to deal with by having
> D1 app and a D2 app share common paradox tables.

> TIA
> Scott

Re:D1 and D2 sharing same paradox db?

The problem is that the 16 and 32 bit BDEs don't know the other exists -
you'll get cache problems.  OTOH, it'll work fine if one (or both) of the
Apps is read only.

HTH,

--
Paul Motyer
pa...@pccity.com.au - now working!

Scott Slater <seven...@quiknet.com> wrote in article
<01bc240f$c86fa2c0$7bf0b...@merlin.quiknet.com>...

> I've got two D1 apps that run on the same PC and share a common set of
> paradox tables.  I am thinking of converting one of the apps to D2 and
was
> wondering if there are any issues that I will have to deal with by having
> D1 app and a D2 app share common paradox tables.

> TIA
> Scott

Other Threads