How do I write a screensaver using Delphi?

I know that if you change the extention of an executable to .scr, it can be
loaded by windows screensaver, however it does not have the full properties
of a screensaver.
How would I do this?

Re:How do I write a screensaver using Delphi?

Pedro wrote:

> I know that if you change the extention of an executable to .scr, it can be
> loaded by windows screensaver, however it does not have the full properties
> of a screensaver.
> How would I do this?

You'd have to make sure that only one instance of the program will run,
you could make sure it stops on a movement of the mouse, you could hide
the cursor and some other details.
Most of this information is available on the good Delphi resources
(UDDF).
I have an example you can have a look at on my downloadpage, source is
available.

Good luck,

Remco de Korte
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/

Re:How do I write a screensaver using Delphi?

>>I know that if you change the extention of an executable to .scr, it can

be
loaded by windows screensaver, however it does not have the full properties
of a screensaver.
How would I do this?<<

Go to http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ljw1004/scr/ and scroll down the page to the
"How To Write a 32bit Screen Saver" section.  It's very informative and they
also offer a library that helps you write one if you don't want to do all
the work yourself.

Best Regards,
~ Keith A. Marshall                  Progressive Logic        ~
~ mailto:km...@progressivelogic.com  P.O.Box 561420           ~
~ http://www.progressivelogic.com    C{*word*157}te, NC 28256-1420 ~

Pedro wrote in message <35e2aaf...@news1.mweb.co.za>...
>I know that if you change the extention of an executable to .scr, it can be
>loaded by windows screensaver, however it does not have the full properties
>of a screensaver.
>How would I do this?

Pedro,

If you check out the Inprise web page (specifically :
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3335.html ) there is a TI
detailing how to do it, with a sample.

Andy Jeffries
C++Builder/Delphi Programmer
Medical Insurance Agency

Re:How do I write a screensaver using Delphi?

Change the Project file of your screensaver to something like this:

program Saver;

uses
  Forms,
  Unit1 in 'UNIT1.PAS' {Form1},
  Unit2 in 'UNIT2.PAS' {Form2};

{$R *.RES}

begin
  if (paramstr(1)='/S') or (paramstr(1)='/s')  then
Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1) {screensaver form}
  else Application.CreateForm(TForm2, Form2); {properties form}
  Application.Run;
end.

It works with Delphi 1 with Windows 3.x and Windows 95.

Teun.

Pedro <pe...@ec.co.za> schreef in artikel <35e2aaf...@news1.mweb.co.za>...

> I know that if you change the extention of an executable to .scr, it can
be
> loaded by windows screensaver, however it does not have the full
properties
> of a screensaver.
> How would I do this?

Other Threads