MDI, menus, and Illigal operations in Kernal32.dll

I addressed this issue in a post below, and thought it was solved, but
apparently not.

This is the suggestion given by Peter Below (TeamB) :

> TMenu et al. have these new-fangled AutoHotkey and
> AutoLineReduction properties, which default to true. They have been
> shown to create problems with the MDI Window menu, for example. Set
> them to false and see if that ameliorates your problem.

This does significatly help reduce the number of errors that are generated
by our application, but we are still getting the same Illigal operations
centering around menu items.

What is the situation here?  None of these problems were present in D4, and
now that we have switched to D5 we can't put menus in our MDI app, or it
blows up.  This is obviously unacceptable.  Is there some 3rd party menu we
can use or something, anything to get around this problem?  Is this going to
be patched soon?  We are slated to roll this app out 2 weeks ago and this
ONE problem is holding everything up.

The only solutions that we are currently aware of is to make our application
non-MDI, take menues totally out, or go back to D4.  None of these are good
solutions, please tell me there is a better option.  Can we use the D4
TMenu, or will that also cause problems?

Re:MDI, menus, and Illigal operations in Kernal32.dll

In article <86i1oa$ms...@bornews.borland.com>, Geoff Price wrote:
> The only solutions that we are currently aware of is to make our application
> non-MDI, take menues totally out, or go back to D4.  None of these are good
> solutions, please tell me there is a better option.  Can we use the D4
> TMenu, or will that also cause problems?

This whole problem is probably connected to the menu merging code. You can try
to put the D4 menus.pas unit into your project directory and rebuild the
project. If it does not compile i would go back to D4 since you are on a
pretty tight deadline here. I have no idea what the D5 problem may be, sorry,
and i never use MDI.

Sent using Virtual Access 5.00 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Other Threads