Local SQL and dates

I'm trying to perform an SQL SELECT statement in the Delphi 1.0 BDE and
I'm having the devil's own job getting the right format for a date
constant. I know I can do this with TParams.AsDate but I need to be able
to do it from the Database Desktop as well. In Interbase the dates are
nn-ddd-yy and under Access you use a "#" surround character, some others
seem to use the Windoze short date format, but I can't get the right
combination for Paradox/Local SQL.

If you use short date format (dd/mm/yy in Australia) you get no error,
but you don't get the right results either.

TIA for any help.

Luke
--
Luke Webber

* Note: The opinions expressed by Luke Webber are in no way supported *
*       by his employers, Luke Webber Consulting Services             *