WIN95 Screensaver 'PREVIEW' (HowTo)

Hi !

I wrote a simple (test) screen saver based on an instruction i found on
the web.

With 3.1 it works fine. I use the /s switch to start and the /c switch
to start configuration.

Win95 seems to use more switches than 3.1 does, where can i get a list
of them ?

And the most important (and difficult ?) question is, how can i make a
preview in the screen saver select window ...

Thanks for any help,

Serge

Re:WIN95 Screensaver 'PREVIEW' (HowTo)

In the news article <32540130.3...@istvax.ist.lu> dated 03 Oct 1996, it
was said by Serge Wagener <wagene...@istvax.ist.lu> that ...

>> Hi !

>> I wrote a simple (test) screen saver based on an instruction i found on
>> the web.

>> With 3.1 it works fine. I use the /s switch to start and the /c switch
>> to start configuration.

>> Win95 seems to use more switches than 3.1 does, where can i get a list
>> of them ?

>> And the most important (and difficult ?) question is, how can i make a
>> preview in the screen saver select window ...

>> Thanks for any help,

>> Serge

I know of one other parameter Win95 dispatches. It is /P. This is followed
by a number such as 3044 which is the handle of the preview window. You
can use this with GetDC , BitBlt etc to display an animation in the window.
This is demonstrated in a screen saver written by Meik Weber on this
following web site http://ourworld.compuserve.com/Homepages/meikel/mew.htm
He provides all the code for your adoption.
phil.wil...@dial.pipex.com

Re:WIN95 Screensaver 'PREVIEW' (HowTo)

On Thu, 03 Oct 1996 11:08:48 -0700, Serge Wagener

<wagene...@istvax.ist.lu> wrote:
>Hi !

>I wrote a simple (test) screen saver based on an instruction i found on
>the web.

>With 3.1 it works fine. I use the /s switch to start and the /c switch
>to start configuration.

>Win95 seems to use more switches than 3.1 does, where can i get a list
>of them ?

>And the most important (and difficult ?) question is, how can i make a
>preview in the screen saver select window ...

Take a look at my home-page (the Delphi Section)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/Homepages/meikel/delphi.htm

and download the sample Win95 screensaver which implements all
features a good screensaver must have.

You can then change this source to meet your needs.

Hope this helps
Meikel Weber
m.we...@public.ndh.com
Make sure you visit my homepage