Problem with "Getting Started" example

I just bought Delphi and was working through the Global Dive Supply
example in the Getting Started booklet.  Every thing went fine except
that when I set the data source property in the DBGrid component to use
GDSDataModule.CustomerSource (p.42) no data was displayed.  Neither were
any of the fields displayed at the top of the grid like in the picture.
I got the fields to display at the top of the grid by using the Columns
Editor, but there still was no data.  Same for the Payment Terms form:
No data.  The program compiled ok.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  I'd
like to make sure that the program is configured/installed correctly and
that I'm not doing anything wrong before I move on.

I'm using Delphi 2.0 Desktop, by the way.

--
Will Garces
wlgar...@mail.uccs.edu

Re:Problem with "Getting Started" example

Walt Kerr wrote:
>You'll find that Active property will go False on you when you do other
>things in Delphi. And each time it happens (at least when you are first
>starting out) you'll wonder ... "where did my data go???". Soon, you will
>learn to watch for that Active property and quickly set it to True and
>voila! there's the data. Good luck.
>  Walt Kerr

Looked this up in DejaNews using "delphi getting started".
http://www.dejanews.com/

Hope this helps,
--
Greg Shubert                        gshub...@non-hp.fc.hp.com
Standard disclaimer: not necessarily the views of Manpower, HP, etc.

Will Garces wrote:

I just bought Delphi and was working through the Global Dive Supply
example in the Getting Started booklet.  Every thing went fine except
that when I set the data source property in the DBGrid component to use
GDSDataModule.CustomerSource (p.42) no data was displayed.  Neither were
any of the fields displayed at the top of the grid like in the picture.
I got the fields to display at the top of the grid by using the Columns
Editor, but there still was no data.  Same for the Payment Terms form:
No data.  The program compiled ok.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  I'd
like to make sure that the program is configured/installed correctly and
that I'm not doing anything wrong before I move on.

I'm using Delphi 2.0 Desktop, by the way.

--
Will Garces
wlgar...@mail.uccs.edu

Other Threads