"Translating" Delphi English to Delphi German

Hi Jeff!

> If you have the Enbterprise version your can
> create an internationalize version of your apps.
> You can look at the RichEdit demo as it comes in
> an English, French and German version.  Basically
> you will deploy a translation dll with your app
> and the app pulls in the translated resource strings
> including those for the forms.  You can ask further
> questions on this in the internationalization newsgroup.

Thanks for the fast answer. I'll check out the internationalization
newsgroup. Unfortunately I have D6 Ent and only want to upgrade to D7 Pro,
so I guess I have no chance of translating everything easily.

Bastian

Re:"Translating" Delphi English to Delphi German

> Thanks for the fast answer. I'll check out the internationalization
> newsgroup. Unfortunately I have D6 Ent and only want to upgrade to D7 Pro,
> so I guess I have no chance of translating everything easily.

Actually you can use resource dlls etc. with Pro.

And for anything but the Delphi exception error messages etc.:
I have found that my home-grown and several
open-source/freeware etc. translation mechanisms
work just as good.

best regards
Thomas

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Re:"Translating" Delphi English to Delphi German

Hi!

I own a license for the English version of Delphi. Now my problem is that I
need to develop an application in German, that means that it would be best
if all the strings, short cuts etc. (expection messages) were in German
instead of English.

Is there anyway that I can tell my English version to use German resources
instead or anything like this? I do not want to translate the IDE.

TIA,

Rolf Frei wrote:
> Simply place the resource units (about 21) into your own directroy and
> translate them. Then add this directory to your environement search path
> before the other $(Delphi) lines. Now your translated untis are used if you
> compile any application. But you can't use packages for your apps this way.

True.

Now, I need to know how to use this way *AND* use packages. Any ideas?

Other Threads