IdHTTP Memory Consumption

hi!

May i know how to solve this?
I'm downloading a file about 100Mb using TIdHTTP. When i check the W2k Task
Manager's Process, i saw that my application memory usage goes about 100Mb
when i downloading the file. Initially my application consume about 1Mb of
memory.

I suspect that this is due to the stream/buffer that holds the incoming
data. However, i don't know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance. =)

From,
Hon Yuen, Ng

Re:IdHTTP Memory Consumption

In borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock, Hon Yuen Ng <h...@tm.net.my> wrote
in message <bb112f$4nnge$1@ID-
194084.news.dfncis.de>...

>hi!

>May i know how to solve this?
>I'm downloading a file about 100Mb using TIdHTTP. When i check the W2k Task
>Manager's Process, i saw that my application memory usage goes about 100Mb
>when i downloading the file. Initially my application consume about 1Mb of
>memory.

>I suspect that this is due to the stream/buffer that holds the incoming
>data. However, i don't know how to solve it.

It's probably a TMemoryStream you're using to get the file, to solve it
replace it by a TFileStream.

I wouldn't use HTTP to download 100Mb though, i'd use FTP for that.

--
***Posted by Jake's Custom Newsgroup Reader***

Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.871

Re:IdHTTP Memory Consumption

Hi!
Will TIdFTP have that problem? In addition, my project requirement stated
that i should use HTTP but i can propose that if it really can not be
solved.

From,
Hon Yuen, Ng

"Arthuro" <hexor.ha...@vaxor.com> wrote in message

> In borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock, Hon Yuen Ng <h...@tm.net.my>
wrote
> in message <bb112f$4nnge$1@ID-
> 194084.news.dfncis.de>...
> >hi!

> >May i know how to solve this?
> >I'm downloading a file about 100Mb using TIdHTTP. When i check the W2k
Task
> >Manager's Process, i saw that my application memory usage goes about
100Mb
> >when i downloading the file. Initially my application consume about 1Mb
of
> >memory.

> >I suspect that this is due to the stream/buffer that holds the incoming
> >data. However, i don't know how to solve it.

> It's probably a TMemoryStream you're using to get the file, to solve it
> replace it by a TFileStream.

> I wouldn't use HTTP to download 100Mb though, i'd use FTP for that.

> --
> ***Posted by Jake's Custom Newsgroup Reader***

> Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.871

Other Threads