Indy 8.0.16-B Telnet Demo?

Indy 8.0.16-B  Telnet Demo?  What key combination sends a backspace?  In
most Telnet applications one would use ctrl+backspace.

Thanks,

Gene McCrory
gene.mccr...@wcom.com

Re:Indy 8.0.16-B Telnet Demo?

gene.mccr...@wcom.com (Gene McCrory) wrote in <94qb8i$k9n2
@bornews.inprise.com>:

>Indy 8.0.16-B  Telnet Demo?  What key combination sends a backspace?  In

Client? Server? I dont think there is a demo for either. I have an internal
Server demo that I gave to the Demo team.

>most Telnet applications one would use ctrl+backspace.

What does backspace do then? Every TElnet client I've used, backspace is
backspace.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Re:Indy 8.0.16-B Telnet Demo?

Thanks for your reply Chad,

If you refer to Indy 8.0.16-B's <Indy Install>/Demos/Delphi/TelnetClient
directory you will find a Telnet client demo source code.  In this demo when
you press backspace or ctrl+backspace, you get garbage (^H or ||) appended
to your current focus line on Win2000 workstation (telneting into SunOS
5.6).  Is there another key combination for backspace?  For instance,
Windows Telnet clients you press ctrl+backspace to delete characters.

Thanks for any help in advance.  I sincerely apologize for replying back to
a personal email account.  I thought I was posting back to this newsgroup on
my last reply.

Gene McCrory
gene.mccr...@wcom.com

"Kudzu - Team Indy" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in message

> gene.mccr...@wcom.com (Gene McCrory) wrote in <94qb8i$k9n2
> @bornews.inprise.com>:
> >Indy 8.0.16-B  Telnet Demo?  What key combination sends a backspace?  In

> Client? Server? I dont think there is a demo for either. I have an
internal
> Server demo that I gave to the Demo team.

> >most Telnet applications one would use ctrl+backspace.

> What does backspace do then? Every TElnet client I've used, backspace is
> backspace.

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
>       "Programming is an art form that fights back"
> Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.
> http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/ - Free Delphi/CBuilder components and articles

Other Threads