ADO Command Timeout and ORACLE

I have already posted the question, but there was no answers. It might
heppend because I was not clear enough.

My question is:

No one ADO object when access ORACLE (using MS OLEDB and Native Oracle
providers) react on Command Timeout property. For example, when
CommandTimeout=30, but a command takes longer time, there is no error
rises.
Is it true or I have missed something? How to regulate the issue ?

Vlad Gonchar

Re:ADO Command Timeout and ORACLE

It is an Oracle problem (funny how I just finished to argue about these
things on the non-tech)...
I encountered it last year. This summarizes it.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q251/2/48.ASP

Re:ADO Command Timeout and ORACLE

Hi,
This has been partially fixed as I understand in Oracle 8i and 8i client
Mary

Re:ADO Command Timeout and ORACLE

> This has been partially fixed as I understand in Oracle 8i and 8i client

I revealed it at Oracle 8i.

Thanks,
Vlad Gonchar

Other Threads