Application API with Delphi5 - Import TLB problem (Need help)

Hi,

I'm trying to use agile api with delphi5.
I have it's TLB file.

When I try: project->import->install I get the message that TTable already
exist.
It seems that TTable exist in the TLB interface of the agile api.

What should I do, the current situation is that delphi do not let me import
this TLB because of this problem.

    Best regards,

            Tal Olier (mailto:ta...@rad.co.il)

Re:Application API with Delphi5 - Import TLB problem (Need help)

Hello,

I am trying to answer as correct as possible. (Just two days ago I have
connected myself to newsgroups.)

In the Bin subdirectory where you have installed Delphi 5, you will find the
following file: TLIBIMP.SYM

It is a kind of ini file that you can use to do some remapping when you want
to import a TLB file.

As you can see from following below example, copied from the TLIBIMP.SYM
file:
;;==============================================;;
;; Map Outlook CoClasses to 'better' names      ;;
;;==============================================;;
[{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}:TypeNames]
Application=OutlookApplication

The Outlook application interface (sorry but I am not familiar with the
correct terms) is changed into OutlookApplication, otherwise a conflict will
exist between TApllication of Delphi and the Delphi wrapper class around
Outlook Application interface. By the way it is in Outlook8.pas declared as
TOutlookApplication.

The id {00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is the IID\LCID of Outlook COM
library.

I have done the import of the type library of Arena 3.5 ( discrete event
simulation development environment), and I have successfully remapped the
COM classes Panel, Application, ....

Good luck,

Bert

In article <87n1gp$8...@bornews.borland.com>, Tal Olier wrote:

> I'm trying to use agile api with delphi5.
> I have it's TLB file.

> When I try: project->import->install I get the message that TTable already
> exist.
> It seems that TTable exist in the TLB interface of the agile api.

> What should I do, the current situation is that delphi do not let me import
> this TLB because of this problem.

Change the names of the components being imported. Although there's nothing
in the TLB import dialog to suggest that you can do it, just edit the proposed
names, in place, in the list box

Roger Morton
roger.mor...@dial.pipex.com

Re:Application API with Delphi5 - Import TLB problem (Need help)

Or  you may, in the mean time remove the TTable component ( if it's trivial
to you) and do
the importing of the new component.

Roger Morton <roger.mor...@nospam.dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

> In article <87n1gp$8...@bornews.borland.com>, Tal Olier wrote:

> > I'm trying to use agile api with delphi5.
> > I have it's TLB file.

> > When I try: project->import->install I get the message that TTable
already
> > exist.
> > It seems that TTable exist in the TLB interface of the agile api.

> > What should I do, the current situation is that delphi do not let me
import
> > this TLB because of this problem.

> Change the names of the components being imported. Although there's
nothing
> in the TLB import dialog to suggest that you can do it, just edit the
proposed
> names, in place, in the list box

> Roger Morton
> roger.mor...@dial.pipex.com