Conecting AS400/DB2 without Client Access

Does anyone knows how to conect to an AS400/DB2 database without using
Client Access ODBC driver. Is that possible ??

Re:Conecting AS400/DB2 without Client Access

it certainly is. There are drivers available from Microsoft, Merant, and HiT

"Borland" <marc...@aci-franca.com.br> wrote in message

> Does anyone knows how to conect to an AS400/DB2 database without using
> Client Access ODBC driver. Is that possible ??

Re:Conecting AS400/DB2 without Client Access

You can Acces to AS/400 also via ADO (I don't remember from which OS/400
version), but you must have the OleDBProvider sofware connection installed
on your client. It is provided with Client Access Express of from Hit
software.
Andrea

"Borland" <marc...@aci-franca.com.br> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Does anyone knows how to conect to an AS400/DB2 database without using
> Client Access ODBC driver. Is that possible ??

Re:Conecting AS400/DB2 without Client Access

We use the Delphi400 IDAPI Driver from System Objects that is supported by
Borland, you can get a demo at www.systemobjects.com.

It's very fast.

R?mulo Nbrega
rom...@iname.com

Borland <marc...@aci-franca.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:3b13963d$1_2@dnews...

> Does anyone knows how to conect to an AS400/DB2 database without using
> Client Access ODBC driver. Is that possible ??

Other Threads