vcl50.bpl not wrapped in exe

Vcl50;Vclx50;Qrpt50;Vcldb50;Vclbde50; ETC are all included in my runtime packages list... and are shown as packages used in the program info... but vcl50.bpl is not getting wrapped in the executable.. when I try to run from machine other then my own it gives an error that vcl50.bpl can not be found in specified path...  I have totally broken down my installation and built up again and cannot figure why this error is occuring all of a sudden.  Please help!

Re:vcl50.bpl not wrapped in exe

On 5 Nov 2002 16:47:38 -0800, "betsy" <betsy.a.tai...@lesschwab.com>
wrote:

>Vcl50;Vclx50;Qrpt50;Vcldb50;Vclbde50; ETC are all included in my runtime packages list

If you need a single EXE, make sure the "build with runtime packages"
checkbox is clear.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)

"Steve Moss" <nos...@coco.dot.co.dot.uk> wrote:
>betsy wrote:

>> Vcl50;Vclx50;Qrpt50;Vcldb50;Vclbde50; ETC are all included in my runtime =
>packages list... and are shown as packages used in the program info... but =
>vcl50.bpl is not getting wrapped in the executable.. when I try to run =
>from machine other then my own it gives an error that vcl50.bpl can not be =
>found in specified path...  I have totally broken down my installation and =
>built up again and cannot figure why this error is occuring all of a =
>sudden.  Please help!

>I think you misunderstand the purpose of the run-time packages list. If =
>you include a package in this list, its units will *not* be compiled into =
>your application: instead, your application will (automatically) load the =
>package at run-time, so you need to redistribute the packages in the list =
>with your application. If you don't wish to redistribute packages, don't =
>build with run-time packages.

>--
>Regards,
>Steve Moss.

ok... I need to have it checked to get around the teeeditcha not found error on compile.  So I've removed the vcl50 from the list... and I get the same result.  I have reportBuilder 6.02 enterprise edition and am using teechart components... I probably don't have one of these installed properly.. but I've gone over and over it and am running out of ideas.

I did misunderstand the check... but it's always been checked before and without a problem.  I recently installed waler extra devices and started using the notesSQL.dll to create an odbc connection to our lotus notes email system to extract email address list for use in an application.  That's when this all started. (not blaming any one component... just digging for what might have gone wrong)

I've been chasing this down for days and don't seem to be making any headway.

thanx... hope someone can help.

Other Threads