Language driver also upgraded while the bde upgraded?

Hello help,
    when I upgrade the bde of my app. from 3.x to 5.0, the chinese
characters in the database became non-readable code (like the ascii code),
but the English characters keep unchanged, the language driver I was using
is the "dbase deu cp850", and they are not changed before or after the
upgrade, so, since the language driver is the same, why the data (Chinese
characters) changed? How can I get it resolved?
thank you in advance!

Re:Language driver also upgraded while the bde upgraded?

Hello, David,

Try to create a new table with Chinese Language Driver (850 for BIG5 or 936
for GB Code), and then import data from old table using Database Desktop or
BatchMove. It works for me.

Regards,
Earnest

David Ting ???g??31 <7267u1$r...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hello help,
>    when I upgrade the bde of my app. from 3.x to 5.0, the chinese
>characters in the database became non-readable code (like the ascii code),
>but the English characters keep unchanged, the language driver I was using
>is the "dbase deu cp850", and they are not changed before or after the
>upgrade, so, since the language driver is the same, why the data (Chinese
>characters) changed? How can I get it resolved?
>thank you in advance!

Other Threads