NT SERVER SPECIFIC PROBLEM. SOS!

Hi!
We are running into index out of date problem if paradox database
resides on NT Server. This problem is specific to NT server because
we have been using the same database on Novell network drive for a long time
and never had any problems. Index that is out of date is composite and
includes date field. It is on detail table linked to master table.
There is referential integrity set up between master and detail table.

Another problem we have is also specific to NT server. It happens with
the same database. The problem is second user can't run database application
if first user modified detail table. He gets message "Cannot open
detail table". First user has to close down application in order for
second user run it. Now both users can run it at the same time even if
one of them modifies database.

I appreciate you help and hope to get help, any suggestions. Its urgent.
-Boris.