Delphi 2.0 programs on Win3.1 + Win32s?

Hello,

We're planning on using Delphi for a big project of ours. Now it's time
to look at our userbase and sort out wether to use Delphi 1.0 or 2.0.
Half of this userbase uses a Win 3.1 platform. Is it possible to run
Delphi 2.0 programs on a Win3.1 + Win32s platforms? If so do we
need Win32s 1.25 or 1.30?

Please email [email protected] with a reply, since I'm unable to monitor
this newsgroup regularly. Thanx.

Re:Delphi 2.0 programs on Win3.1 + Win32s?

Most reliable way is to develop on Delphi 1--code in Delphi 1 can be
compiled with Delphi 2.  It is theoretically possible to use Delphi 2 to
write code to run on Win3.1 with Win32s--one just has to make sure one is
using functions and procedures that call only routines in the Win32s API.
Unfortunately there is no list available as to which Delphi functions and
procedures call Win32 API routines not in Win32s.  You will have to check
this out by trial and errror, though looking at the source code to VCL may
help some.  Good luck.
Gene

[email protected] wrote in article <[email protected]>...

> Hello,

> We're planning on using Delphi for a big project of ours. Now it's time
> to look at our userbase and sort out wether to use Delphi 1.0 or 2.0.
> Half of this userbase uses a Win 3.1 platform. Is it possible to run
> Delphi 2.0 programs on a Win3.1 + Win32s platforms? If so do we
> need Win32s 1.25 or 1.30?

> Please email [email protected] with a reply, since I'm unable to monitor
> this newsgroup regularly. Thanx.

Other Threads