I search sources of telnet program

Hi, someone could help me to built a Telnet Program in delhi.
I want to send command and get result.
Typicali i want to get the result of "ls -l" command on unix with a delphi
progam.

Thanks

--
Pierre HIRTH
DBA Oracle

Re:I search sources of telnet program

If you have Delphi 6, there is a perfect example (INDY COMPONENTS) !
If you need other examples, just visit the Delphi Super Page
(delphi.icm.edu.pl) and go to the section "examples WITH source"

Good luck !

Maikel

"pierre hirth" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> Hi, someone could help me to built a Telnet Program in delhi.
> I want to send command and get result.
> Typicali i want to get the result of "ls -l" command on unix with a delphi
> progam.

> Thanks

> --
> Pierre HIRTH
> DBA Oracle
> {*word*2} Mont Carlo
> (00377) 92166238
> http://perso.club-internet.fr/phirth

Re:I search sources of telnet program

Hi!

> Hi, someone could help me to built a Telnet Program in delhi.

Maikel mentioned Indy, or you could try ICS from F. Piette. There's a
telnet component, easy to use...

Stefan

Re:I search sources of telnet program

Hello,

you need not look for sources of a telnet program. What you need is
socket programming. You can then transmit each character (login,
ls -l command) on this stream from client to server and read in the
result from unix. telnet uses port 23, so you have to open your unix
socket on port 23. There is a docu for socket-program in in the
Windows SDK help files provided with delphi.

Greetings,
Thorsten

(BTW: i have a problem with Delphi / Oracle "duplicate rows", (see thread)
got any idea?)

Other Threads