New free software: UDP Multicast Test

UDP Multicast Test is free software for windows 95 and up.

Intro:

    Use it to test your local area network and your internet

    provider's multicast support.

    Computer joins multicast group.

    Computer sends message every second to multicast group.

    All other computers do the same.

    Computer receives messages from group.

Take part in a multicast test event:

    From 10-july-2001 to 17-july-2001:

    I will run the UDP Multicast Test.

    This is your and my chance to test.

    I have cable modem, @home internet provider.

    I tried a 33k6 telephone modem, dial-up internet provider.

    The dial-up provider does not have multicast support ?

    So if you have a telephone modem you are probably out of luck.

Surf to:

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~skybuck

I hope to see you on the multicast backbone !
--
UDP Speed Test is free software for windows 95 and up.
Use it to test the receive speed of a computer.

Re:New free software: UDP Multicast Test

zdnet also has a cool internet speed check.

http://www.go-download.com

"Skybuck" <skybuck2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> UDP Multicast Test is free software for windows 95 and up.

> Intro:

>     Use it to test your local area network and your internet

>     provider's multicast support.

>     Computer joins multicast group.

>     Computer sends message every second to multicast group.

>     All other computers do the same.

>     Computer receives messages from group.

> Take part in a multicast test event:

>     From 10-july-2001 to 17-july-2001:

>     I will run the UDP Multicast Test.

>     This is your and my chance to test.

>     I have cable modem, @home internet provider.

>     I tried a 33k6 telephone modem, dial-up internet provider.

>     The dial-up provider does not have multicast support ?

>     So if you have a telephone modem you are probably out of luck.

> Surf to:

> http://www.mycgiserver.com/~skybuck

> I hope to see you on the multicast backbone !
> --
> UDP Speed Test is free software for windows 95 and up.
> Use it to test the receive speed of a computer.
> http://www.mycgiserver.com/~skybuck

Other Threads