TidHttp and POST method

I'm trying to POST some data on a SSL ASP page (https)
I've looked up the page code and I know the field names
i'm trying using the http client demo (installed OpenSSL on it)
I get the first page just fine (which sets a cookie)
I must then post to that same page with the COOKIE (session) + values
i'm putting the values on that postdata memo as
field1=data1&field2=data2&field3=long+string+here&field4=etc....
but it brings me the same page as if I weren't sending the COOKIE (which I
add to the request.extraheaders
as COOKIE: <COOKIENAME=COOKIEVALUE> before posting

another thing that is disturbing me is that when I open this page on the
browser (which default method should be GET, the page sends the cookie (i've
asked the browser to confirm receipt of cookies)
but if I use the demo set to GET method, it does not receive the cookie (it
does receive it in POST)

Thank You...

Re:TidHttp and POST method

Try with the code from the Indy 8.1. There is built-in support for cookies.

Doychin
doic...@5group.com

"s8tn" <diablot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3aba0e74$1_2@dnews...
> I'm trying to POST some data on a SSL ASP page (https)
> I've looked up the page code and I know the field names
> i'm trying using the http client demo (installed OpenSSL on it)
> I get the first page just fine (which sets a cookie)
> I must then post to that same page with the COOKIE (session) + values
> i'm putting the values on that postdata memo as
> field1=data1&field2=data2&field3=long+string+here&field4=etc....
> but it brings me the same page as if I weren't sending the COOKIE (which I
> add to the request.extraheaders
> as COOKIE: <COOKIENAME=COOKIEVALUE> before posting

> another thing that is disturbing me is that when I open this page on the
> browser (which default method should be GET, the page sends the cookie
(i've
> asked the browser to confirm receipt of cookies)
> but if I use the demo set to GET method, it does not receive the cookie
(it
> does receive it in POST)

> Thank You...

Other Threads