Nested transactions

The sqloledb documentation says that I can have nested transactions,
however when i try to start a second transaction, I have an error message "
its not possivel to initiate more transaction in this section".
I use delphi 7 and sql server 2000.

Tanks

Sorry for my bad english

Re:Nested transactions

Nick,

  MSSQL (7 or 2000) doesn't do nested transactions they way you think they
should.  Check out Microsoft's newsgroups at
http://www.fulltextsearch.com and search on your subject.  You will find a
lot more information than I can provide here.

Good luck,
krf

"Nick" <n...@nick.com.br> wrote in message

> The sqloledb documentation says that I can have nested transactions,
> however when i try to start a second transaction, I have an error message
"
> its not possivel to initiate more transaction in this section".
> I use delphi 7 and sql server 2000.

> Tanks

> Sorry for my bad english

Re:Nested transactions

I found some technical articles in microsoft, where says:

"ADO, with both SQLOLEDB and MSDASQL providers, does not support nested
transactions with SQL Server"

however the documentation of the ado sdk says:

"using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server to access a database on
Microsoft SQL Server 2000, you can create multiple nested transactions for
the commands you execute"

And this last is about ADO transactions, not native transactions.

very confused.

thank you Kevin

Re:Nested transactions

>The sqloledb documentation says that I can have nested transactions,
>however when i try to start a second transaction, I have an error message "
>its not possivel to initiate more transaction in this section".

Nested transactions are ok in Stored procedures but they are not supported in
the SQL oledb driver.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com