Unknown internal operating system error

When I set the languange driver of a paradox table I get sometimes the error
message:

"Unknown internal operating system error".

The error does not occur on the machine on which the program is developed
(WIN98), but is it does on two other machines (WIN98, WIN2000).

The code is like this (the parameters are: 'LANGDRIVER' and 'Pdox Ansi
Intl'):

procedure TPdxBDEUtils.SetOptions(OptName, OptData: string);
var
  pFDesc: FLDDesc;
begin
  FillTableDesc;

  pFDesc.iOffset := 0;
  pFDesc.iLen := Length(OptData) + 1;
  StrPCopy(pFDesc.szName, OptName);
  FTableDesc.iOptParams := 1;  // Only one optional parameter
  FTableDesc.pFldOptParams := @pFDesc;
  FTableDesc.pOptData := PChar(OptData);

here it goes wrong!

  Check(DbiDoRestructure(FhDb, 1, @FTableDesc, nil, nil, nil, FALSE));
end;

If anyone knows a solution, I would be grateful,

thanks,

gijsbert

Re:Unknown internal operating system error

try setting the LANGUAGEDRIVER in the bde for paradox tables to 'ascii' ANSI
or Paradox 'intl'

"gijsbert" <g.boekscho...@competsoft.nl> wrote in message

> Hi,

> When I set the languange driver of a paradox table I get sometimes the
error
> message:

> "Unknown internal operating system error".

> The error does not occur on the machine on which the program is developed
> (WIN98), but is it does on two other machines (WIN98, WIN2000).

> The code is like this (the parameters are: 'LANGDRIVER' and 'Pdox Ansi
> Intl'):

> procedure TPdxBDEUtils.SetOptions(OptName, OptData: string);
> var
>   pFDesc: FLDDesc;
> begin
>   FillTableDesc;

>   pFDesc.iOffset := 0;
>   pFDesc.iLen := Length(OptData) + 1;
>   StrPCopy(pFDesc.szName, OptName);
>   FTableDesc.iOptParams := 1;  // Only one optional parameter
>   FTableDesc.pFldOptParams := @pFDesc;
>   FTableDesc.pOptData := PChar(OptData);

> here it goes wrong!

>   Check(DbiDoRestructure(FhDb, 1, @FTableDesc, nil, nil, nil, FALSE));
> end;

> If anyone knows a solution, I would be grateful,

> thanks,

> gijsbert

Other Threads