VARCHAR2 data column just fine.
But: After reloading this data it is like 'All for One' + #10 + #10 +
'Unix street 1' + #10 +
#10 + .....

This happens on Oracle 7.3.x and Oracle 8.0.5 Database servers with the
BDE versions
5.01 and 5.1 (including new sql_ora8.dll). I have traced so much as
possible and
determined that the data is stored in the Oracle database with CR/LF and
the data is
provided by Oracle on reloading with CR/LF too. On the client side
however in the
Delphi development the function DbiGetField(...) returns data with the
LF/LF sequence.

Do you know a workaround to this behaviour or any configuration
parameter to avoid
this?

Thanks,
Ren

Re:BDE and Oracle: Implicit conversion from CR/LF to LF/LF

We came across the same and did not findf any solution and did not get any
answers.
This does not happen if you use data aware controls.
This does not happen if you enter the string in SQL*Plus, so somehow the BDE
is involved.

If you come across any further explanantion of this I would be *very*
thankful for this information.

dato Denkwerkzeuge - Bernd Maierhofer
Corneliusgasse 4/5
A-1060 Wien , Austria
supp...@dato.at

Ren Schietzel schrieb in Nachricht <38317B92.80957...@All-for-One.de>...

>We have a problem with implicit conversion of CR (#13)  / LF (#10) to
>LF/LF in the
>BDE with Oracle data provider.

Re:BDE and Oracle: Implicit conversion from CR/LF to LF/LF

I haven't tried this, but  what happens if you set the Transliterate
property of the TField object to False?

John

Re:BDE and Oracle: Implicit conversion from CR/LF to LF/LF

Thank you for your input.

The DbiGetField(...)  function does not know any of the TField
properties because it is implemented in the underlying layer.

Ren

Other Threads