BDE access impossible with WinNT service????

I am currently writing a multithreaded WinNT-Service with database
access (just one simple dBASEIV-table) using Delphi3. Whenever nobody is
logged on, BDE accesses don't work and the service is terminated by the
OS (hence, automatical startup of the service won't work).
This is neither a problem of user rights (plain file accesses work) nor
a thread conflict (simultaneous database accesses are prevented by use
of a mutex object). Strangely enough, TTable.Create does not cause a
problem, but as soon as the service tries to open the table --- bang!

I have no idea, how a bunch of DLLs (the BDE) could cause such a mess...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re:BDE access impossible with WinNT service????

Hi Martin Lehmann !

I am currently writing a multithreaded WinNT-Service with database
access too. But this program not real service. This usual program with
Paradox tables.
I load it at before login with help SRVANY utilite. This looks like
service. And this works.

NT4.0, Delphi2.0

--
Regards,
Mark                        sendmail:m...@av.krasnoyarsk.su

Martin Lehmann <mar...@h-net.com> wrote in article
<33C0E231.2...@h-net.com>...

> I am currently writing a multithreaded WinNT-Service with database
> access (just one simple dBASEIV-table) using Delphi3.....

Other Threads