Programming a Shanghai game for Windows with TPW 1.5

Hello.

Last week, I decided to program a Shanghai game for my PC. I'm using
Turbo Pascal for Windows (version 1.5, very light, cool :-)), and the
program was released today on my site as a version 1.0.

But since I've spent over one year without coding anything, I lost a
bit of my experience (actually my last "real" and "big" program was an
anti-virus for the Atari ST in 1991...).

So, I've got problems with this :

- I can't put 256 colors in the graphics I use for my game. I'm afraid
if I used some Palette routines, the program would slow down. I'm
working on a way to optimize my painting routine (I know it'll work),
but I'd like to make sure that the routines are the fastest possible.

- does the Wing library work on Windows 3.1 ? (Though I'm using W95,
I'd like the game to be compatible.) And if yes, which files are
needed ? Can I bring them along with the program and just keep them in
the current directory for my Shanghai to use them ? Do I need all the
files if I'm just trying to use the palette, bitblt/stretchblt &
buffer functions ?

Finally, I'm looking for traditional Shanghai tiles (a set of 42
chinese-like tiles) with an approximate size of 40x50 or 36x50. Does
anybody know somewhere I could download this kind of tile set ?

I'm also looking for funny manga-style graphics to include in the
design of my game (which looks presently, I must admit, a bit sad...).

Well, well, well.
Thanks for taking the time to answer me !

PS : my game is freeware and I don't especially intend to release it
as a shareware in the near future.

Rene-Gilles Deberdt (21)
Lille, France. Webmaster,
journalist, j-translator
http://www.namida.com/
na...@namida.com

Saint Seiya, Giant Robo, Gundam, Samurai Troopers, Jojo,
Eva, Nadia, Futari, Gunnm, John Woo, Gainax, Mamoru Oshii,
Clamp, Osamu Dezaki, Luna Sea, Mike Oldfield, Leiji Matsumoto,
Life Goes On, Winona Ryder, Claire Danes, Ghibli, Egawa, Tezuka...