Need help: WinTypes.pas and WinProcs.pas ran away.

Greetings,

I need help with D 2.01.  My "WinTypes.pas" and "WinProcs.pas" have
apparently gone astray.  I'm getting fatal errors when compiling both
projects and the VCL.  I didn't delete these file intentionally, where
could they have gone?  Anyone know of anywhere I can get them back?  Thanks
in advance.

Scott Abbott
DSAbb...@worldnet.att.net
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3599

*  ClubSBN Member  http://www.clubsbn.com  *

Re:Need help: WinTypes.pas and WinProcs.pas ran away.

Scott Abbott wrote:
> I need help with D 2.01.  My "WinTypes.pas" and "WinProcs.pas" have
> apparently gone astray.

I believe in D2 both files are together in one file named "Windows.pas"
Check Project/Options/Directories and see they equal such.

Good Luck,
Jim

--
Communications Analysis Prediction Wizard
http://www.wtrt.net/~ku5s/

Re:Need help: WinTypes.pas and WinProcs.pas ran away.

Delphi 2 doesn't really use them per se. I think that they are supposed to
include Windows.pas which replaces them both. In Delphi 1, they are found
in delphi\source\rtl\win. I don't currently have Delphi 2 installed. As a
fix, you may be able to replace references to both with a single reference
to Windows, since that's how they should be operating anyway.

Good luck.
--
Trey Campbell
campb...@softdisk.com

Scott Abbott <DSAbb...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<01bc0354$7576fe00$3e2874cf@default>...

> Greetings,

> I need help with D 2.01.  My "WinTypes.pas" and "WinProcs.pas" have
> apparently gone astray.  I'm getting fatal errors when compiling both
> projects and the VCL.  I didn't delete these file intentionally, where
> could they have gone?  Anyone know of anywhere I can get them back?
Thanks
> in advance.

> Scott Abbott
> DSAbb...@worldnet.att.net
> http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3599

> *  ClubSBN Member  http://www.clubsbn.com  *

Re:Need help: WinTypes.pas and WinProcs.pas ran away.

I had the same problem......

Too many paths for components in pallete search path.

Try putting any extra pas/dcu's in 1 directory.....

Hope it works..Peter

Trey Campbell wrote:

> Delphi 2 doesn't really use them per se. I think that they are supposed to
> include Windows.pas which replaces them both. In Delphi 1, they are found
> in delphi\source\rtl\win. I don't currently have Delphi 2 installed. As a
> fix, you may be able to replace references to both with a single reference
> to Windows, since that's how they should be operating anyway.

> Good luck.
> --
> Trey Campbell
> campb...@softdisk.com

> Scott Abbott <DSAbb...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
> <01bc0354$7576fe00$3e2874cf@default>...
> > Greetings,

> > I need help with D 2.01.  My "WinTypes.pas" and "WinProcs.pas" have
> > apparently gone astray.  I'm getting fatal errors when compiling both
> > projects and the VCL.  I didn't delete these file intentionally, where
> > could they have gone?  Anyone know of anywhere I can get them back?
> Thanks
> > in advance.

> > Scott Abbott
> > DSAbb...@worldnet.att.net