Docking a D5 TToolbar???

How can I get a Delphi 5 TToolbar to act like most of the toolbars I've seen
in CAD programs.

1).  I can Drag it from it's original starting location at the top of the
main form, it then turns into a TOOLBOX.

2). I would then like to double click the header of this toolbox and anchor
back to it's last position on the form.

3). While dragging toolbox around, I'd like to be able to anchor it to the
sides of my form if the mouse is released within close proximity  to the
desired side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Gipe

Re:Docking a D5 TToolbar???

Hi Charles,

I'm designing a new interface for our company's software and I've spent the
last six weeks or so looking at and experimenting with
ControlBars/CoolBars/ToolBars. I hate to be {*word*193} to Borland but I have to
say that, compared with the third-party stuff out there, the standard Delphi
stuff is seriously {*word*99}. Go to the Delphi Superpage and download ToolBar97
from www.jrsoftware.org or the ABC components (can't find their URL at the
moment).

Hth.

Regards,

Stuart

(Stuart MacAulay, Developer, Telmar UK Ltd.)

"Gipe Software Dev. Inc." <g...@kvi.net> wrote in message

> How can I get a Delphi 5 TToolbar to act like most of the toolbars I've
seen
> in CAD programs.

> 1).  I can Drag it from it's original starting location at the top of the
> main form, it then turns into a TOOLBOX.

> 2). I would then like to double click the header of this toolbox and
anchor
> back to it's last position on the form.

> 3). While dragging toolbox around, I'd like to be able to anchor it to the
> sides of my form if the mouse is released within close proximity  to the
> desired side.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

> Charles Gipe

Re:Docking a D5 TToolbar???

Thank you, ToolBar97 appears to be a much better choice than the TToolBar.

Sincerely,
Charles

"Stuart" <stu...@telmar.co.uk> wrote in message news:3a7a8ccb$1_1@dnews...
> Hi Charles,

> I'm designing a new interface for our company's software and I've spent
the
> last six weeks or so looking at and experimenting with
> ControlBars/CoolBars/ToolBars. I hate to be {*word*193} to Borland but I have to
> say that, compared with the third-party stuff out there, the standard
Delphi
> stuff is seriously {*word*99}. Go to the Delphi Superpage and download ToolBar97
> from www.jrsoftware.org or the ABC components (can't find their URL at the
> moment).

> Hth.

> Regards,

> Stuart

> (Stuart MacAulay, Developer, Telmar UK Ltd.)

> "Gipe Software Dev. Inc." <g...@kvi.net> wrote in message
> > How can I get a Delphi 5 TToolbar to act like most of the toolbars I've
> seen
> > in CAD programs.

> > 1).  I can Drag it from it's original starting location at the top of
the
> > main form, it then turns into a TOOLBOX.

> > 2). I would then like to double click the header of this toolbox and
> anchor
> > back to it's last position on the form.

> > 3). While dragging toolbox around, I'd like to be able to anchor it to
the
> > sides of my form if the mouse is released within close proximity  to the
> > desired side.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Charles Gipe