win2000 parallel port access

Does Delphi 5 Standard come with a component that would allow me to
access the parallel port directly through WinNT or Win2000?  For that
matter, and I access memory directly?

If Standard can't help,  what version should I look into?  Thanks,
folks.

--
Jerry Higgins, Marketing
K&F International

Re:win2000 parallel port access

In article <395CB7EA.7B2BF...@k-f.com>, Jerry Higgins wrote:
> Does Delphi 5 Standard come with a component that would allow me to
> access the parallel port directly through WinNT or Win2000?  For that
> matter, and I access memory directly?

> If Standard can't help,  what version should I look into?  Thanks,
> folks.

Jerry,

this nothing to do with Delphi edition or version. A Win32 user-level
program simply does not talk directly to hardware or access physical memory
directly. That is the domain of device drivers, to which your program can
then talk (usually using some interface DLL). There are a number of
general-purpose drivers out there. The Delphi standard version should be
able to talk to them since all that is required are straight API calls.

   TVicHW32             http://www.entechtaiwan.com/tools.htm
   Tinyport (NT)
http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/winnt/programr/tinypo20.zip
   DriverX              http://www.tetradyne.com

   universal library at http:www.computerboards.com.

Note that you may need different driver versions for NT 4 and Win 2000.