Right justfied control bar & docking

Hi,

Imagine an 'image editor' application with a drawing tool palette and
a color selection palette.

The drawing tool palette is a simple toolbar.  The color selection
palette is a TPanel containing a number of TShapes.

I want both these initially docked to a control bar down the right hand
side, but with each panel (the drawing tool one, and the color
selection one) detachable.  A bit like the resource editor in Visual
C++.

I can't get the damn thing to work.  Sometimes the panel overlaps the
toolbar.  Sometimes the toolbar gets resized.  Sometimes they dock next
to each other, instead of one above the other.  I'm going nuts trying
to get it to work reliably.

Has anyone got this sort of thing to work?

Colin
e-mail :co...@wilsonc.demon.co.uk
web: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm