BDE 4.51 Cannot Load IDAPI service library File : IDDA3532.DLL

Hi
Here is a short story.
I have downloaded and installed the BDE 4.51 upgrade on my development
machine so that i could use DAO 3.5      to use Access 97. I am using delphi
3.02 Client Server. The upgrade worked fine on this machine. I then tried
to install my program on a machine with DAO 3.0, DAO 3.5 and BDE 4.01. I
made my own BDE installation program to upgrade BDE 4.01 to BDE 4.51 by
including the file idda3532.dll in the file group in Install shield. All
the files got updated to timestamp 4.51 and the new file idda3532.dll also
got installed. The problem is that my program works fine using DAO 3.0, but
if i use the bdeadministrator to select the 32DLL idda3532.dll, i get the
error message

Cannot Load IDAPI Service Library
File : IDDA3532.DLL

I then tried to use the full BDE 4.51 upgrade exe. (10 mb) on the same
machine, to see if there was any special registry settings that was
changed. Even after this i didn't work. On two machines i have used the
full BDE 4.51 upgrade first, and on these i can use DAO 3.5, on two other i
first used installshield with the file idda3532.dll and i cant use DAO 3.5
(Cannot Load IDAPI Service Library) even after using the full BDE 4.51
upgrade, but i can still use DAO 3.0. DAO 3.5 is correct installed on all
machines, as i use a VC++ 5.0 program with the database. Access 97 is not
installed on any of the machines.

Can anyone help me with this ??

Thanks in advance,
Claus

uniqc...@uniqsoft.dk

Re:BDE 4.51 Cannot Load IDAPI service library File : IDDA3532.DLL

> I then tried to use the full BDE 4.51 upgrade exe. (10 mb) on the same
> machine, to see if there was any special registry settings that was
> changed. Even after this i didn't work. On two machines i have used the
> full BDE 4.51 upgrade first, and on these i can use DAO 3.5, on two other i
> first used installshield with the file idda3532.dll and i cant use DAO 3.5

In my case I installed BDE 4.51 on my development machine, changed the
BDE ADMIN setting to DAO 3.5, created Installshield disks with Full BDE
install, and installed with an upgrade to my app.  You should be able to
do it without including your app....

Re:BDE 4.51 Cannot Load IDAPI service library File : IDDA3532.DLL

Timothy J. Kelly <tj...@flash.net> wrote in article
<34FF3584.6...@flash.net>...

> > I then tried to use the full BDE 4.51 upgrade exe. (10 mb) on the same
> > machine, to see if there was any special registry settings that was
> > changed. Even after this i didn't work. On two machines i have used the
> > full BDE 4.51 upgrade first, and on these i can use DAO 3.5, on two
other i
> > first used installshield with the file idda3532.dll and i cant use DAO
3.5

> In my case I installed BDE 4.51 on my development machine, changed the
> BDE ADMIN setting to DAO 3.5, created Installshield disks with Full BDE
> install, and installed with an upgrade to my app.  You should be able to
> do it without including your app....

I also created a Full BDE install, and then included the file idda3532.dll
in the installation because it it not included in the default Full BDE
installation. My point is, that it did not work for me, and the computers
also didn't work with DAO 3.5 even after i then used the full installation
from Borland (10 mb). So is my first installshield installation confusing
the full installation from Borland. It seems that it cant find the support
dll for DAO 3.5.

Cannot Load IDAPI Service Library
File : IDDA3532.DLL

In the registry the key DLLPATH under borland, dbengine is pointing to the
directory where the engine is, so is there another key that must be set to
use Idda3532.dll.

Claus

uniqc...@uniqsoft.dk

Other Threads