How to run DOS applications?

Hi,

I'm a newbie in the Delphi world and the question I have will have probably
have an simple solution (but until now I'm not able to find it).

I want to execute a dos command from within a Delphi application (net
localgroup ...), can anyone please tell me how I do that?

I'm using Delphi 5 on a w2k and NT4 Operating System.

Thanx in advance WPS

Re:How to run DOS applications?

Use WinAPI ShellExecute or CreateProcess function (see previous posts in the
NG for examples)

ps. What do you want to do with the net command (most actions can also be
done with the WNetXxx WinAPI commands) ?

"WPS" <W.P.Suk...@tue.nl> schreef in bericht

> Hi,

> I'm a newbie in the Delphi world and the question I have will have
probably
> have an simple solution (but until now I'm not able to find it).

> I want to execute a dos command from within a Delphi application (net
> localgroup ...), can anyone please tell me how I do that?

> I'm using Delphi 5 on a w2k and NT4 Operating System.

> Thanx in advance WPS

Re:How to run DOS applications?

I would say almost-categorically that the proper way to handle this
requirement is ONLY to locate an appropriate WNetxxx API function, -not-
by shelling out to do a DOS command.

In article <9b1pu2$rn...@porthos.nl.uu.net>, "M.H. Avegaart"

<avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote:
> Use WinAPI ShellExecute or CreateProcess function (see previous posts in the
> NG for examples)

> ps. What do you want to do with the net command (most actions can also be
> done with the WNetXxx WinAPI commands) ?

> "WPS" <W.P.Suk...@tue.nl> schreef in bericht
> > Hi,

> > I'm a newbie in the Delphi world and the question I have will have
> probably
> > have an simple solution (but until now I'm not able to find it).

> > I want to execute a dos command from within a Delphi application (net
> > localgroup ...), can anyone please tell me how I do that?

> > I'm using Delphi 5 on a w2k and NT4 Operating System.

> > Thanx in advance WPS

Other Threads