record not found error with Oracle 8.x

Hello, all together,

we have written an application whichs stores all the data through the BDE on
an ORACLE 8.x SQL server. Now one customer has the problem that he cannot
save a CLOB field in his table. When we use his original data we can
reproduce the problem. But we do not have any idea why this error occurs.

Our application works as follows:

- The TQUERY components work in CACHEDUPDATE mode.
- The user edits the record and we call in the AfterPost event the methods:
   Database1.StartTransaction;
   TQuery1.ApplyUpdates;
   Database1.Commit;

When we copy the special record into another table/database, the same error
occurs. Has anybody an idea what going on here?

Thanks very much for your support.

Bye,
Jrgen Bauer
BauerSoftware