Can SQL Explorer access MS SQL Server 7.0?

I tried to access SQL Server 7.0 and query some data like this:
    "select name from sysobjects"

But I can't see any data return even its column name. How to
solve the problem?

Thank you very much.

--
============
Best regards

Re:Can SQL Explorer access MS SQL Server 7.0?

Man,

   Upgrade your BDE to 5.10.  It has the updated SQL links for MS SQL 7.0.

Good luck,
krf

Man Chan (EDP) wrote in message <37D9C2BA.7D4F...@geologistics.com.hk>...
>I tried to access SQL Server 7.0 and query some data like this:
>    "select name from sysobjects"

>But I can't see any data return even its column name. How to
>solve the problem?

>Thank you very much.

>--
>============
>Best regards
>Chan Chu Man.

Re:Can SQL Explorer access MS SQL Server 7.0?

I have already upgrade BDE to 5.10 and problem still there. I want
to clarify that, not all the columns of sysobjects cannot be delivery.
But the column "Name" cannot be delivery only. I still can see other
columns return normally.

--
============
Best regards
Chan Chu Man.

Re:Can SQL Explorer access MS SQL Server 7.0?

Chan,

   I am able to see all columns (including Name) in the table sysobjects
just fine.  This may sound like a silly question, but are you sure that you
are looking at the right database?  Have you tried Query Analyzer or some
other non-BDE (ODBC) way to query that table?

Good luck,
krf

Man Chan (EDP) wrote in message <37E205D4.C8222...@geologistics.com.hk>...
>I have already upgrade BDE to 5.10 and problem still there. I want
>to clarify that, not all the columns of sysobjects cannot be delivery.
>But the column "Name" cannot be delivery only. I still can see other
>columns return normally.

>> Man,

>>    Upgrade your BDE to 5.10.  It has the updated SQL links for MS SQL
7.0.

>> Good luck,
>> krf

>> Man Chan (EDP) wrote in message <37D9C2BA.7D4F...@geologistics.com.hk>...
>> >I tried to access SQL Server 7.0 and query some data like this:
>> >    "select name from sysobjects"

>> >But I can't see any data return even its column name. How to
>> >solve the problem?

>> >Thank you very much.

>--
>Best regards