Windows screen savers - how do you write one ??

Mario van den Ancker <mario> wrote:

>---------------------------------320373047516582

>Elliot Spencer <j...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>>Hi, I'm trying to write a windows screen saver for myself in Borland
>>Pascal 7.0.   This is my first attempt at a Windows application and
>>I need some help. Can anyone point me to an example of how to do this,
>>I assume that there is some set way of writing a screen saver as they
>>all seem to have a similar setup routine and must use the same calls to
>>the Windows API.

>>Thanks in advance

>>Elliot Spencer.

>Here's the TPW source to one I wrote. It's also in the SWAG archives.
>Compile it, rename the .exe to .scr and copy it to your windows
>directory and it should show up in control panel.
>Enjoy!

>  -- Mario.

Dear Mario,

  Thanks for your response to my post. Youv'e been a great help.

Elliot Spencer

Re:Windows screen savers - how do you write one ??

Mario,

 Thanks for the post - its a great help. I'm using BP7.0 and so I'm
having a few peoblems compiling this code (seems to be different .TPW
files). I dont suppose you know where I can get a copy of SAVER.TPW
for BP7.0 ?? Why doesn't Borland include a copy with BP7.0 ??

Anyway thanks aging for the post

Elliot Spencer

Re:Windows screen savers - how do you write one ??

Mario,

Thanks for the post - BP7.0 doesn't seem to want to compile these progs,
and I cant find a copy of SAVER.TPW either with BP7.0 - any ideas ??

Elliot Spencer

Re:Windows screen savers - how do you write one ??

Mario,

I've got your .PAS files to go but the resource file corrupts during decoding - can
you email this to me so I can have another go.

Cheers

Elliot

Other Threads